Writing

Today, I ran across a letter that I had written to a friend nearly 25 years ago. The friend called about a month ago and asked if they could send the letters back to me that I had written them over the years just for fun. I never thought in a million years that this could happen. As I sat and read one of the letters sent back, tears just began to flow. It was a letter talking about when I was pregnant with my daughter, how I felt during that time, what our house, landlord, pets had all been up to. Wow, talk about a trip!

It brought to mind that the letters that I sent widows and elderly really did make a difference. I never expected a reply. I just wanted to give them a lift when they went to the mailbox. If you would like to bless someone today, why not try sending them a little note of cheer, just because!

No comments:

Post a Comment