What Do You Think We Will Be Doing In Twenty Years

Today on MyLot.com, I was awarded best response to the following question: Someone in China asked what we thought we might be doing in twenty years with the understanding of how much life has changed in the last twenty years. Here was my response -

My cousin emailed me yesterday to tell me that his grandson started school this week. I had to take a deep breath. I do not know where the time has gone. I remember when we both just started school as little children and he is now a grandparent.

When I was in my early twenties, we were fighting the war in Vietnam, there were riots in our streets, our leader were being killed. We had progressed from manual typewriters to electric typewriters. Computers were part of imagination. We had large heavy cars. Our country would shut down on Sundays to worship and families would gather in the afternoon to have a nice dinner together.

Now some 35 years later, we are running in many directions, families live all over the country and don't have time to get together every week. We take very little time for God. We still have war, but it is in different countries. We still have school and families but so many children now grow up in broken homes. We have progressed in many areas of technology but have become a disconnected society in our homes and family structure.

I would hope in the future that there would be marvelous healing for many diseases, our homes would be more efficient, and that poverty worldwide would be a thing of the past. Our future will probably be way beyond what we could really imagine today. I do hope that the future does involve our food supply being cleaner and healthier, peace, and family life being more balanced and happy. It is good to always look to the future. I think the possibilities are boundless and exciting.

No comments:

Post a Comment