Reading - What Should I Read Next?

I love to read and if you are reading this post, I would venture to think that you love to read also. Sometimes I have such a hunger to read something that will hit the spot but I do not know where to even start looking. Here is a story that opened up a whole new world of reading for me:

One day, my daughter came home with some really interesting Christian books and songs. They really hit the spot. This happened on several occasions. I finally asked her where she was finding all of this good material since she was only a teenager.

It was so simple. She said when she goes into the Christian bookstore, she prays a silent prayer in her head asking God to direct her to what He has for her. I began to do the same thing. God has never missed in his guidance for us. I have read so many books that really hit the spot.

I say a little prayer now when searching the library for books, going to a regular bookstore, browsing www.Amazon.com, or just rummaging through books at a garage sale. While I'm at it, I think I will also ask about magazines, web pages, etc. The list could be endless. This is just plain fun to do. I dare you to try it and see if you have the same results.

No comments:

Post a Comment