A Good Man Is Hard To Find

Sometimes the answer can be right in front of you and you don't see it.

When I was single and dating, I was involved with my local church group and also dated many young men from where I worked. I worked for a major auto maker in their engineering facility. There were many young eligible engineers with fine jobs and a great education looking for a partner for life.

I am of average height but as I prayed that God would provide a husband for me, for some reason I also began to pray for a tall man. I thought I had dated or knew everyone in my church and the surrounding sister churches. I finally came to the conclusion that if I had to be single, I would be happy to be single and continue to serve God.

It was at this time that my husband (who was normally sitting down) stood up at church. He is well over six feet tall. I couldn't get him off of my mind ever since that day. Today over 30 years later he still is a good man. In fact he is a great man. I still do have a problem of losing him in a crowd and I still haven't figured out how that continues to happen to this day.

Sometimes I think it's important to ask God to open your eyes to what is standing right in front of you.

No comments:

Post a Comment