Proverb For The Day Series - Poor and Rich

Today is Wednesday, April 14, 2010. Therefore, I have read chapter 14 of Proverbs today. Verse 20 jumped out at me as did others. This verse talks about how the rich have many friends but even the neighbors of the poor hate him.

This verse made me think of the many times that we struggled from paycheck to paycheck and no one especially the bank gave you slack or favor. Now don't get me wrong, but I never expected it in the first place. It is funny though when a commission check came in or we were able to make a large deposit, how quickly everyone became friendly.

A good test of a person's character is how they treat you if you dress down as compared to dressing up. It all seems so very superficial. I have found in life that some of the most caring people I have ever known have been widows and children who don't know the difference. They don't have a choice but to trust in God and they seem to have a better sense about people than the average person.

No comments:

Post a Comment