Proverb For The Day - Jumping To Conclusions

Today's Proverb comes from Proverbs 18:13 (New King James Version). Today is Sunday, April 18, 2010, therefore this blog is taken from Proverbs 18 as I have been matching the chapter of Proverbs with the date of the month.

In this proverb it talks about forming an opinion about something before you hear all the facts. It says that this approach is folly and it will become shameful to the person who jumped to the conclusion. This proverb reminds me of the adage "there are always two sides to every story." Remember if you hear about something, do not judge it before you have heard all the points of view concerning it. If you quickly judge the matter without getting all the input, you could be very embarrassed by the conclusion you hastily came to. So remember to take a deep breath and listen to all sides of a story. (Ref: Proverbs 18:13)

Addendum: Unfortunately, I fell into this trap just recently. Although I know that I am forgiven, it makes me sad how fast my flesh can override common sense.

No comments:

Post a Comment